The Eagle Flyer

Softball Recap: Win against Holtville

Heidi Swigart, Staff Reporter

Win after win after win: girls varsity softball continued with their successful season. The game on March 27 against Holtville was no exception, ending with a 13-3 win.

“Jordan Heatherly (‘18) caught an amazing line drive at second and Isabella Cipriani (‘20) had some great hits,” captain and shortstop Taylor Beasley (‘18) said. “Bella Gonzalez (‘19) pitched really well and had six strikeouts.”

Players put into play the skills that they worked on in practice. In the area of team growth, it was essential that each player make personal improvements that would better the entire team.

“We played really well together, and we started and finished strong,” third baseman Joni Schulz (‘18) said. “The team’s really pulling together and getting stronger this season.”

Tensions rose as the softball season was in full swing and the team developed with each practice. The team was ambitious in accomplishing their goals and more specifically becoming league champions.

“Beasley has the key leadership that we need to win league,” Coach Lisa Chapell said. “Goals for the rest of the season are to stay focused, take league, and fight-fight-fight through playoffs.”

The softball team made constant improvements through the season that allowed them to pursue playoff games. The next game is March 30 against Foothills, which will put the team one step closer to being dubbed champions.