The Eagle Flyer

Sedlock shoots for success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sedlock shoots for success

Livie Trillizio, Staff Reporter

Senior captain, well-seasoned player, and small forward Stephen Sedlock (‘17) opens his last basketball season with high hopes and an optimistic attitude. Although his high school career is coming to an end, he looks forward to making the most of what will hopefully be one of the greatest seasons the school has ever seen.

Sedlock has been playing since sixth grade after growing tired of baseball and subsequently, a club basketball coach recruited him. As an experienced player, he is thankful for where his skill level is at and especially for his coach, Stan Bickley, who challenges him both physically and spiritually on and off the court.

“I’m not necessarily sad yet, because it is the beginning of the season,” Sedlock said. “I’m just looking forward to my last season because our team is really good this year.”

The boys basketball team recently participated in their first tournament in Hesperia. The team made it to the championship game and unfortunately lost by two, but closed with a successful 3-1 record.

“The tournament was really fun because we were able to spend a lot of time together,” Sedlock said. “My favorite part was dunking on the other team’s best player because it fueled our team’s motivation to keep pushing throughout the game.”

Sedlock is looking forward to all that this season may bring, and he is equally as excited to dive into his college career. He has not made an official decision yet but is being recruited by schools all across the nation.

“If I could give any advice to a younger player, it would be to start recruiting early,” Sedlock said. “I started the process a little late and it has added a lot of stress throughout my junior and senior year.”

Although his future holds many possible outcomes and opportunities, Sedlock eagerly awaits this closing season and holds high expectations for both himself and his team as a whole. He hopes to lead his team through a successful league season and into CIF championships.