The Eagle Flyer

Kendall Cole : Senior Shooter

Chloe Ryan, Field Reporter

Kendall Cole, an incredible athlete and passionate basketball player, resembles a true leader on the varsity girls basketball team. Playing all four years of high school, this great offensive and defensive player is wise with her every move and pass. Basketball has remained one of her favorite sports as she learns from her mistakes and grows mentally and physically throughout the season.

Cole was unsure at first whether to play basketball, but when she got out on the court, her heart told her otherwise.

“I was unsure whether or not I should do basketball,” Cole (‘16) said. “But right when I stepped out on the court I fell in love with the sport.”

For some, Basketball is all about winning and setting a goal to score a couple points here and there, but for Cole it’s different.

“I play because I not only love the sport, but because it is one of the things I have cherished most about high school,” Cole (‘16) said. “Basketball has helped my develop incredible friendships and reach for goals I never knew I could endure.”

Lastly, Cole enjoys every second she has playing out on the court. Being her senior year, she has experienced it all and has formed great memories.

“My favorite memory of this year would be senior night,” Cole (‘16) said. “Not only did I have one of my best games, but it was special to have all my family there for support.”

Overall, this loving, passionate leader shows a great example about how basketball is not only a good way to compete but motivate others on her team. She has created fond memories and great friendships that will make a big difference in her season.